The South Norwalk Community Center (SoNoCC) has been serving the needs of the Latino community and the greater South Norwalk community at-large since 1971. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all contributions are tax-deductible to the maximum extent allowable under the law. Our home, since 1981, is in the heart of South Norwalk at 98 South Main Street.
The mission of the South Norwalk Community Center is to improve the economic, educational, social, and physical well-being of low-income individuals and families in South Norwalk and surrounding communities.
The vision is a human services agency recognized for serving all of its clients with dignity and respect, and for demonstrating transparency, accountability and integrity in all of its practices.
Our Core Values
The South Norwalk Community Center is committed to honoring these core values in fulfilling our mission and vision statements:
- Dignity and Respect
Our Board of Directors
Warren Pena, Chairman
- Former Minority Leader - Norwalk Common Council
- Field Director/Financial Representative, Northwest Mutual Financial Network
- B.S., Criminal Justice, Northeastern University
Oscar Destruge, Secretary
- Member, Board of Fire Commissioners - City of Norwalk
- Pastor, El Camino United Methodist Church - Norwalk